Meeting Point : In front of Premier Inn on Castle Park Road, Bangor
Meeting Time : 7pm
Lead Coach : David Seaton
Training operates by splitting similar paced athletes into 8 groups (based on their 5km times) of approximately 15.
Each group has a responsible athlete to lead them out and ensure the designated session is understood and executed.
There are 8 sessions that the Groups rotate through;
- Brian Smith Bonus or Castle Park Loops (1 Big, 2 Med & 3 Short x 2)
- Marina Medley (8 Steps, 7 Hills & 6 Sprints)
- Ballyholme Loops (800m x 6)
- Glenshesk Park (600m x 8)
- Fairfield Loops (800m x 5)
- Walled Garden Pyramid (1234321 x 2)
- Valentines Progressive Laps (1234321 x 2)
- Marquis Long Hills (200m x 10)
On Week 9, for a break, a ‘social’ event (example coastal run to Orlock from Banks Lane with a beer in the Esplanade afterwards😊. Then its back into another 8 weeks training block.